Saturday, February 4, 2012

Visitors and Residents Reflection

In watching this video I would have to say that I fit in to the model in a few different ways. First, personally I am really just a visitor. I get in and get out. I really have no need or desire to connect to my personal social network on the internet. To be honest my social network is relatively small and it is my perception that most of the residents in this area have a fairly wide social network. Contrary to this view regarding my personal life I feel that I am moving towards being a professional resident. This is due to many factors. First, I feel that with the vast amount of experienced educators out there willing to share ideas it is to my benefit and ultimately my students benefit to be able to access their knowledge and information so that I can improve my skills as a teacher. Also, I feel that the more aware and comfortable I am with all of the tools the internet provides me as an educator the more adept I will be at integrating and maximizing the available to into my classroom.

1 comment:

  1. I am also striving for "professional resident" status. I also agree that awareness and comfort are reasonable goals for us teacher candidates.

    ReplyDelete